Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Grumpy
I met Grumpy while shooting a photo essay on the homeless in Isla Vista for an unnamed student publication. The nature of the project was changed by editorial staff away from the direction I was taking it in, so this photo never saw the light of day. I was shooting some really expired (like maybe 10 years old) Fuji NGH800II film out of my Hasselblad 500c. This was the only frame out of the 5 rolls that I shot that didn't have major issues with the color or grain structure because of the old film. It's also the only one where Grumpy wasn't self-conscious about the camera. In the next 8 frames he hams it up for the camera with his tickets, all from open container or drunk-in-publics. I saw him about a week ago with a jail hair cut (shaved head). He looked about this pissed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photo of Grumpy, Rowan. How did you scan it???